Saturday, October 08, 2005

Originally Written by July 27, 2005

News: Not much happened, so I decided to do a "Bottom 10" list of things that bug me.
10. Sports- I can't see why people enjoy the sight of a ball being moved around an open space by a bunch of Pituitary Cases.
9. Bullies. I was subjected to their abuse for several years in grade school and have had to go to a high school where I was sure most of them wouldn't come after me, and now my mind is as twisted as Chubby Checker. And I'm proud of that last fact.
8. People who think that anything and everything has to have purpouse and meaning.
7. Hollywood and its current habit of churning out /Heaven's Gates-/waiting-to-happen with astronomical budgets.
6. Fred Phelps. He is a psychotic bigoted preacher from Topeka who keeps 4 websites running at the same time. One of them says, among other things, one of his four sites claims that The Tsunami happened because of 2000 gay swedes vacationing in the Indian Ocean's islands. What about the other 240,000?
5. Restriction of Freedom of Speech- Incredibly, this includes the hate speech laws. Sure, I believe those minorities protected are doing absolutely nothing Wrong and it is the people who say hurtful things who are wrong, but as much as I truly detest admitting (and I put this mildly) it, they have as much right to speak their minds as those they persecute.
4. Orlando Bloom.- I've seen 3 of his films. They each are very bad.
3. Stupid People
2. Stupid People who can't keep their mouths shut if you sewed their lips shut.
1. Terrorism- Now, check out my "bottom 4" sub-list"
d. The Middle Eastern type we are told to be afraid of by the media.
c. PETA- Sorry, Paul, but any group that stalks people constantly just for one offense is a terrorist organization.
b. The Religious Right- Esp. people like Fred Phelps.
a. The Government- Post-9/11.

Band Name of the day: Swamp Rabbit. This comes from a bizarre incident where President Jimmy Carter was attacked by a rabbit in a pond. I kid you not. Link to the photo at: http://www.narsil.org/politics/carter/killer_rabbit.html

Film idea of the day: An untitled Montana Surreal film. In it two pregnant actresses plan on having two girls after they give birth and raise them just like them. After one of them gives birth to a boy, and one of the plays she auditioned for in her pregnancy but didn't get roles in was a hit. This drives her to become an abusive stage mother and make her son dress up as a girl.

Review: Keeping in theme with the "NEws" section, I have decided to review stuff that was very bad.
Proust's Rememberance of things Past/ In search of Lost Time- I have a confession to make. Atlas Shrugged was not the longest book I have ever read cover to cover. That honor belongs to Proust's 7-book snoozefest about a semi-autobiographical account of his life. How can something I learned about from Monty Python be so dull?
Lord of the Rings (the movie), Troy, and Pirates of the Carribean. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Quote of the day:
" I wouldn't say a word to them. I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no-one else did."
__________ Marilyn Manson, when asked what he would say to the kids at Columbine if they were with him.

Site of the day: www.insertdisctwo.com
This website is the host of a low budget sketch comedy show called Insert Disc 2. The people involved (Chris Dunkle and Lori Williams), are in college, and originally put this show out on cable access TV. The website has the episodes of said show, as well as a few more sketches of an upcoming show. It also has short films unrelated to the show by the same people.

And in addition, A film from a 15-year old public access talent show from Peoria. Forgotten until recently, John Daker (who, if he was discovered earlier, could have been the next Andy Kaufman) sings (or more acurately, sings badly for some parts but mainly forgets the words to) "Christ the lord is risen today" and "That's Amore". He also does bizarre facial expressions while he sings. Please, If anyone has anyone knows how I can contact him, tell me. Here's the link: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2675247?htv=12

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home