Friday, October 07, 2005

Originally written July 25, 2005

News: This will be in two sections today: One lamenting the fact that Buddy Holly's complete music has been unreleased so farm and the other dissecting the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.

I just recently burned a set of the complete released works of Buddy Holly on 3 CDs. I would have gladly shelled out the money for a boxed set if MAria Elena Holly would allow it to be released. The other 2 casualties of that plane Crash in whic he died have had their complete recordings released. Of course, these are actually available, ergo, I will actually pay for them. But Buddy Holly, the most famous of the three, has yet to have such a CD set like Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper. I hope That Mrs. Holly is reading this, because I am not asking her to green light a boxed set, I am begging her to green light a boxed set of her late Husband's work.

After watching Bowling For Columbine, I decided to check out the issue of Gun Control. The NRA and other similar groups say they have a constitutional right to have a loaded gun lying around the house. Re-reading the second amendment, I realized that they had the wrong interpretations.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Note the lack of the word "gun" and its replacement with "Arms." "Arms" means "Weapons" in this case, and since anything can be used as a weapon, this is actually saying not "Anybody can own a gun", but "Anybody can defend his or her self."

Band Name of the Day: Hideous Round Thing. At the Same Suncoast I mentioned above, I saw an epsode of Fraggle Rock playing on the Television. In one scene, a red dog ball got into the hole. Everybody was repulsed at it, not knowing what it was. One characer called it a "Hideous Round Thing."

Film idea of the day: Cyclops. It is adaption of a stage play of the same name by Euripides. I plan to use a newer translation, and do an introduction explaining what is going on. The play itself is an adaption of Book 9 of the Odyssey (The one in which Odysseus calls himself noman and Kills a cyclops.) There are 3 main Characters, Odysseus, The Cyclops, and Silenius. I plan to have the three main characters have British Accents. Odysseus like one of the members of The Hollow Men, The Cyclops like Brian Blessed, and Silenius like Bill Nighy as Slardibartfast. The Chorus and its leader, on the other hand is dressed and sounds like Torgo from Manos the Hands of Fate.

Review: Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. Steve Oedekerk plays a man who is chosen to defeat the man who killed his family. He is chosen because of his tongue, which lives. Steve Oedekerk digitally inserted himself into a martial Arts film from the 1970s, and dubbed all of the voices himself. Totally hilarious.

Quote of the Day: Ladies and Gentlemen, a quote Blow-out from J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye. (courtesy of )

*It's partly true, too, but it isn't all true. People always think something's all true.
*What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
* Do you happen to have any cigarettes, by any chance?— Say 'no' or I'll drop dead.
* Old Childs was a Quaker and all, and he read the Bible all the time. He was a very nice kid, and I liked him, but I could never see eye to eye with him on a lot of stuff in the Bible, especially the Disciples. He kept telling me if I didn't like the Disciples, then I didn't like Jesus and all. He said that because Jesus picked the Disciples, you were supposed to like them. I said I knew He picked them, but that He picked them at random. I said He didn't have time to go around analyzing everybody. I said I wasn't blaming Jesus or anything. It wasn't His fault that He didn't have any time. I remember I asked old Childs if he thought Judas, the one that betrayed Jesus and all, went to Hell after he committed suicide. Childs said certainly. That's exactly where I disagreed with him. I said I'd bet a thousand bucks that Jesus never sent old Judas to Hell. I still would, too, if I had a thousand bucks. I think any one of the Disciples would've sent him to Hell and all— and fast, too— but I'll bet anything Jesus didn't do it.
* Take most people, they're crazy about cars. They worry if they get a little scratch on them, and they're always talking about how many miles they get to a gallon, and if they get a brand-new car already they start thinking about trading it in for one that's even newer. I don't even like old cars. I mean they don't even interest me. I'd rather have a goddam horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake.
*The trouble with girls is, if they like a boy, no matter how big a bastard he is, they'll say he has an inferiority complex, and if they don't like him, no matter how nice a guy he is, or how big an inferiority complex he has, they'll say he's conceited. Even smart girls do it.
* You could tell he didn't feel like discussing anything serious with me. That's the trouble with these intellectual guys. They never want to discuss anything serious unless they feel like it.
* Boy, when you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.
*People never think anything is anything really. I'm getting goddam sick of it.
*That digression business got on my nerves. I don't know. The trouble with me is, I like it when somebody digresses. It's more interesting and all.
*Oh, sure! I like somebody to stick to the point and all. But I don't like them to stick too much to the point. I don't know. I guess I don't like it when somebody sticks to the point all the time.
* The boys that got the best marks in Oral Expression were the ones that stuck to the point all the time— I admit it. But there was this one boy, Richard Kinsella. He didn't stick to the point too much, and they were always yelling 'Digression!' at him. It was terrible, because in the first place, he was a very nervous guy— I mean he was a very nervous guy— and his lips were always shaking whenever it was his time to make a speech, and you could hardly hear him if you were sitting way in the back of the room.
*When his lips sort of quit shaking a little bit, though, I liked his speeches better than anybody else's.
*The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
o Quotation of _Wilhelm Stekel written down on a piece of paper by Mr. Antolini for Holden.
* I figured I could get a job at a filling station somewhere, putting gas and oil in people's cars. I didn't care what kind of job it was, though. Just so people didn't know me and I didn't
know anybody.
*I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody.
* If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and
shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. Everybody'd think I was just a poor deaf-mute bastard and they'd leave me alone.

Link of the Day: www.recons.com
You may not know that I am a big fan of Dr. Who. I am mainly a big fan of the 1960s era show. Since a lot of the show then doesn't exist anymore, this site offers FREE reconstructions of those lost episodes. The only payment is the VHS tapes and the shippings (in Stamps). (Note: They do not do disc recordings.) Note: This is another reason to still use VHS tapes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home