Thursday, October 04, 2007

Issue 97

News: My Views on Marriage
In a previous issue, I mentioned that I am personally opposed to the institution of marriage. In this issue, I will elaborate on the issue. One major flaw I find in marriage is that it is outdated, in that the original purpose of it was that it was merely a transfer of ownership of a young girl from her father to the man who would become her husband, reducing the girl from daughter to wife, and in effect, slave to her husband. Naturally, this is as a rule no longer the case and is simply a superfluous ceremony, full of sound and fury, ultimately signifying nothing,. One other issue I have with marriage is the monogamy which society seems to expect from marriage. All the research I've done indicates that the "one man, one woman forever" lifestyle expected by many advocates of marriage is very rare and unlikely to work for most couples (it can work for some couples, but not for all), and one may even go as far as to call it "unnatural" (which I would not complain about, as virtually every posible type of sexual behavior has been observed in nature except marriage).

Band Name of the Day: Scooter Vacations. From the examples for the "labels" for the post.

Film Idea of the Day: Just Can't Get Enough. It is a jukebox musical based on the songs of the New Radicals in the album Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too. The basic plot will be that a member of a religious sect prosceletyzes to a goth anarchist girl and falls in love with her, leading to conflicts with said sect. Naturally, since the number of songs is necessarily small, this will be a one-act musical.

Film Review of the Day: Z. This movie about the assassination of Greek politician/olympian/College Professor/JFK Equivalent Gregoris Lambrakis has taken its place as a favorite foreign movie of mine, and it may even beat out The Seventh Seal as my all-time favorite foreign movie.

Quote of the Day: "You may be right. I don't think so, but you may be right."
____________Robert Downey Jr. in Natural Born Killers

Link of the Day: DemSoc Forums. I post here. To find my username, think about my "ministry" and my favorite novel.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home