Monday, August 21, 2006

Issue 50

News: Perfect list of things to sell your soul for.
If you know your Blues history, you would know that Robert johnson was said to have sold his soul to the devil. If you knew it well, you would know that the story was mostly told by Son House after his death, and that a man known as Tommy Johnson had actually claimed to have sold his soul to the devil, despite the fact that he remains more obscure. And so, I wonder why when someone sells his soul to Satan, he just gets one thing. Here is my list of things that would be perfect for me to sell my soul to Satan for.
If there was only one thing:
*The souls of the Homeless of Chicago (for all the things on the below list)

If I didn't require just one thing:
*A TARDIS-extention to my room, so I can collect all the DVDs, Books, CDs, and VHSs I want without sacrificing too much space.
*Free Borders (with CD, DVD and VHS) visits for life.
* One of FDR's cigarette holders. (Not necessarily with cigarette holder, but I like the visual aesthetic.
*My own T-shirt company to produce Black T-shirts with some very odd sayings on them (i.e. "A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast and bulbous, Got me?-Frank Zappa")
*A dinner date with Woody Allen, a la My Dinner With Andre, so we may discuss film and Jazz.
*The film rights to Catcher In the Rye.
* A defunct amusement park or theatre to convert into a recording studio/music club/theatre.
* A complete collection of Chick Tracts.
* Even if I didn't just need just one thing for which to sell my soul, I'd still take the souls of the homeless for more things when needed.

Band name of the Day: Snakes on Crack. Comes from the movie Snakes on a Plane, reviewed below.

Film Idea of the Day: A man preaches homophobia to penguins at the zoo. It's more of a Diogenean Theatre thing.

Review of the Day: Snakes on a plane. In a rare review of a film that was in theatres at the time of the review, Samuel L. Jackson boards a plane, filled with snakes. It gained a cult following a few months before it was actually released in theatres. It was worth the wait that was anticipated on the internet.

Quote of the Day: "You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know. During the Persian Gulf war, those intelligence reports would come out: 'Iraq: incredible weapons –
incredible weapons.' How do you know that? 'Uh, well ... we looked at the receipts.'"
_________Bill Hicks.

Link of the Day: Happy Tree Friends: A simultaneously cutesy and violent internet TV show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home